- Subscribe by RSS
Top Posts & Pages
- About Me
- The Dessert That Dare Not Speak Its Name
- Ending It All: How to Finish Your Dinner
- It's Delightful, It's Delicious, It's de Luxembourg.
- Coronation Chicken Salad: Fit for a Queen.
- Rizogalo: Rice Pudding, Greek Style
- The Corn Dogs of Easter
- Espetada: Meat-on-a-stick, the Portuguese Way.
- How Not to Serve Tapenade
- I Got It from Tom: Absinthe Jellies
Tag Archives: oysters rockefeller
Having never been a fan of big business (or big business guys, for that matter), it struck me as odd that I should want to make something that pays homage to the grandfather of corporate culture and American oil-dependence. Of course, Rockefeller also donated vast sums of money for education (he was instrumental in the founding of both the University of Chicago and Spelman College, for example) and was dedicated to the eradication of both hookworm and yellow fever.
So there you have it. Continue reading