- Subscribe by RSS
Top Posts & Pages
- On Toast
- The Dessert That Dare Not Speak Its Name
- About Me
- Espetada: Meat-on-a-stick, the Portuguese Way.
- Dog Cookies: Treats for Man And Beast
- It's Delightful, It's Delicious, It's de Luxembourg.
- Rizogalo: Rice Pudding, Greek Style
- Like An Arancino
- I Got It from Tom: Absinthe Jellies
- Ending It All: How to Finish Your Dinner
Tag Archives: greek food
Calling horta “braised greens” is an act of descriptive kindness and far more appetizing than calling them what they essentially are, which is boiled weeds. Continue reading
Now you can understand my state of mind when, earlier this year, I suffered my own, devastating loss– the spanakotiropita, served at my restaurant since the day it first opened, vanished into phyllo-thin air. Continue reading
The Greeks have their own, particular way of doing things: eating, speaking, dancing with chairs balanced on their chins, dressing, getting excited when anything that can be broken is smashed onto the floor.
I like to call it Greek style. Or Greek-style, depending upon the activity. Continue reading