Happy New-ish Year

Well, Gelukkig Nieuwjaar to all you people out there. I’m still under the New Year wire, am I not?

I rather enjoyed 2010, but I am comfortable letting it go. I met a lot of really interesting people, did innumerable fascinating things, and ate an incalculable number of calories.

And I will not list a single thing here, because everyone and their stepmother has already furnished you with end-of-year lists.

But I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you nice people who deign to grace my site with your visits. Really. You make me not want to be a shut-in.

Here’s to a wonderful 2011. I have lots of stories to (over-) share with you this year.

In the meantime, however, I am going to walk about twenty paces and downstairs to the left, grab myself a margarita, and meditate myself into a stupor with the sounds of screaming monkeys and Twittering food bloggers.

In Cancún, Mexico.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Happy New-ish Year

1. Cowgirl Chef says:

Have a margarita for me, Michael — et Bonne Année! It’s never too late for a New Year’s wish or a tequila-spiked drink, if you ask me. xo ellise

2. Cowgirl Chef says:

Have a margarita for me, Michael — et Bonne Année! It’s never too late (or early) for a New Year’s wish or a tequila-spiked drink, if you ask me. xo ellise

• Michael Procopio says:

I had a margarita for you and every member of your family, both living and deceased. Happy New-ish Year to you, mon amie.

3. Nicole says:

Happy new year to you! Looking forward to the over-sharing.

4. sonya says:

Feliz Año Nuevo – to you and the screaming monkeys and the twittering food bloggers!

• Michael Procopio says:

Sonya,

The monkeys ceased their screaming early on. The bloggers, however, never stopped their twittering. That’s what the margaritas were for– they helped us all to cope.

Happy New Year!!
    Looking forward to many more blogs.

Enjoy your well deserved vacation and drink a lot of tequila.

6. Jackhonky says:

Happy New Year Michael! It looks like you had a blast in Cancun though it doesn’t sounds like you’ll be writing about it. I look forward to reading all those fabulous stories in 2011.

• Michael Procopio says:

Thanks JH! Cancun was delightful. I have decided not to post about it because so many others have done it so well. I hate to be repetitive.

I plan to return to a somewhat regular writing schedule now that these damned holidays are over.

7. PattyM says:

Happy New Year! I too look forward to reading your stories for 2011!