I Live Here: SF

Hey there, people of San Francisco.

Want to take part in a fantastic writing/photography project? Well, I didn’t know I wanted to either, until I met a woman named Julie Michelle in a donut shop on Polk Street.

It was one of the happiest chance meetings in my memory. It could be one of yours, too. Except, of course, it wouldn’t be a chance meeting at all since you’d be meeting her because you saw this post and thought it might be a good idea to contact to do it.

Which it would be.

Here’s the deal:

1. You write a story– your story. Any length, any style, any thing you like about your life in San Francisco.

2. Julie takes the photos and makes you look even more wonderful than you already are.

3. People get to know just a little bit more about you– whatever you want to share. What’s even better is that you get to add one more fascinating layer to this community-building project.

The catch?

It’s a little one. You just have to live in San Francisco.

Here are more details about how to participate.

If you’re at all curious as to what Julie and I came up with on our photoshoot, you can click here.

Go ahead. You know you want to.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to I Live Here: SF

1. Sum says:

I only wish I lived in San Francisco. It’s the only place I would live in if I could live in California. Great photos!

2. julie says:

Michael, Michael, Michael. There won’t be a day that goes by when I don’t wish for a hot cruller and think of you with a smile. Thank you for this wonderful shout out and most of all, for being open and willing to participate and be friends, too. xo

3. Amanda says:

How weird to open up my google reader and see myself! I couldn’t agree more with this post! Hanging out for a day with Julie and getting to write about “your city” was beyond a wonderful experience!

Highly recommended!

• michaelprocopio says:

Ladies and gentlemen, I now have a back up witness.

Thank you, Amanda. Now, tell me what it’s like to see yourself in your google reader. I hope it wasn’t too startling.

Sadly, I can’t join the club. I live in another state – Southern California. After the earthquake (the big one), I think SF or the Berkeley area would be great places to live!

5. ksoohoo says:

Thank you for posting this! I just emailed Julie this morning. I’m excited to participate!